Saint John’s Hospital in Springfield confirms Thursday that the lone survivor of a shooting spree in southeastern Scott County is improving.
The 6-year-old girl brought there Wednesday has been upgraded from serious to fair condition.
The girl has not been identified, but Winchester Community School District
Superintendent David Roberts tells the Associated Press she is a first-grader in his district and the older sister of the two young boys who were killed along with their parents and great grandmother.
On Thursday, Scott Co. Sheriff David King identified the five victims killed:
- JoAnn Sinclair, age 66, of Manchester
- Brittney Lynn Luark, age 23, of Manchester
- Nolan James Ralston, age 5, of Manchester
- Brantley Jack Ralston, age 1, of Manchester
- James Roy Ralston, age 29, of Manchester
The bodies of the victims were found just before 5 a.m. inside a home in the small Scott County village of Manchester. 43-year-old Rick Smith was killed in a shootout with
police later that morning. (WUIS/AP)