Resurfacing and other improvements at the intersection of Stevenson Drive and South 6th Street in Springfield are among nearly 200 statewide roads projects slated to begin soon.
- CLICK HERE to view a full list of projects (Adobe .pdf)
The $486 million to be spent by the the Illinois Department of Transprotation comes from a capital construction program and a supplemental appropriation lawmakers approved earlier this year.
Gov. Pat Quinn, Congressman Bobby Rush and state Sen. Donne Trotter were among the public officials who announced the projects Monday on Chicago’s South Side, where IDOT plans to repair, reconstruct and replace seven bridges.
Quinn’s office Monday called the statewide projects “one of the largest early-season construction programs in the state’s history.” (AP/WUIS)
Area Projects – Sangamon County
- $1,810,000.00 RESURFACING AND BOX CULVERT EXTENSIONS FROM N OF CHURCH ST IN CHATHAM TO AUBURN NCL
- $1,000,000.00 PAVEMENT WIDENING, CCC&G, HMA REMOVAL, LEVELING BINDER, HMA SURFACE COURSE AND SHOULDERS, TRAFFIC SIGNALS, SIDEWALK AND OTHER RELATED WORK LOCATED ON STEPHENSON DR TO THE 6TH ST FRONTAGE RD ALONG 6TH ST RD IN SPRINGFIELD
- $4,300,000.00 PATCHING, MILLING, RESURFACING, BOX CULVERT REMOVAL & REPLACEMENT ON IL 48 FROM NORTH OF CUNDIFF RD TO NORTH OF THE MACON/PIATT CO LINE
- $675,000.00 BRIDGE REPLACMENT OVER LAKE FORK CREEK, 7 MILES WEST OF MAROA
- $5,500,000.00 RESURFACING, PATCHING, HMA SHOULDERS ON IL 125 FROM E OF IL 78 IN VIRGINIA TO W OF BUCHANAN ST/ FULTON LANE IN ASHLAND
- $350,000.00 SOUTH of NAPLES LANE (FAS 605/CH3) to 0.2 MI SOUTH of ELM STREET in BLUFFSRESURFACING 3(P), PATCHING
- $1,800,000.00 HMA REMOVAL, LEVELING BINDER, HMA SURFACE COURSE AND SHOULDERS, AGG SHOULDERS, GUARDRAIL, RIPRAP AND OTHER RELATED WORK ON IL 106 E OF EAST BRANCH OF KISER CR TO EAST OF BARRY
- $90,000.00 PAVEMENT JOINT SEAL ON I-55 BEGINNING S OF WEIGH STATION AND CONTINUING S OF IL 108
- $100,000.00 CONTRACT MAINTENANCE ON I-55FR WEST BEGINNING NORTH OF I-55 COUNTINUING NORTH
- $630,000.00 NEW SHOULDERS AND MILLED RUMBLE STRIP ALONG IL 108 FROM W OF TR 54 TO E OF TR 70
- $300,000.00 0.1 MI N of LIERLY ST to 0.1 MI E of RICHFIELD in LIBERTYRESURFACING (3P)
- $1,400,000.00 PATCHING, MILLING, RESURFACE OF PAVEMENT & SHLDRS, CONST OF AGG SHLDRS & GUARDRAIL, R&R OF CURB AND GUTTER, MEDIAN SURF, WIDENING OF PAVEMENT, REMOVAL OF CONCRETE BARRIER AND OTHER RELATED WORK ON US 24 FROM W OF I-172 TO EAST OF I-172
- $230,000.00 BRIDGE REHABILITATION OVER UNNAMED DRINAGE DITCH, 2 MILES WEST OF URSA