Asbestos has closed Springfield’s North-end Schnucks. Workers found asbestos while removing old tiles. The State Journal-Register reports…the store was closed Thursday afternoon and a spokesperson says it could be two weeks before the Schnucks on Sangamon Ave re-opens. The Sangamon County public health director says people should not eat food purchased from that store location.
- Illinois State Police Report 1
- Harvest Desk: Studying Effects Of Ag Runoff
- Lawmaker Says Pension Deal Could Happen Soon
- Weekly Business Report: Illinois Wineries Grow Like Grapes On The Vine
- Retired Ill. Supreme Court Justice Dead At 82
- Hy-Vee Breaks Ground, Open Set For Spring ’14
- Bullying Of LGB Youth: Does It Get Better?
- Ford Edsel Devotees Bring Unique Cars To Springfield
- My Farm Roots: Jackie Dougan Jackson
- Pension Committee Will Hold First Meeting Next Week