Cellini Sentencing Pushed Back To July

There’s a new sentencing date for a longtime Illinois powerbroker convicted of conspiring to extort a Hollywood producer.
A Thursday filing in U.S. District Court in Chicago says William Cellini will be sentenced July 20. He faces a maximum 30-year prison term.
A family spokesman has said the 77-year-old Cellini suffered the heart attack last week during a medical procedure. He was released from hospital two days later.
Thursday’s filing doesn’t offer any reason for the new date. It was understood before Cellini went for the procedure that the original June 15 date could change.
Jurors convicted the multimillionaire last year of conspiring to shake down the producer of the Oscar-winning movie “Million Dollar Baby” for a campaign contribution to Illinois’ now-imprisoned former governor, Rod Blagojevich. (AP)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comment on this Story

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s