IDOC Director Questions Worker’s Comp Claims

In a little noted appearance before the Illinois House Appropriations-Public Safety Committee, the director of the Department of Corrections said millions of dollars in workers compensation payments to Menard prison guards were obtained fraudulently.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/IHIwg3 ) Tony Godinez last month told the committee some of the guards claimed injury from turning keys. He went on to say that in the years he has worked in corrections, including 12 years as warden at Stateville Correctional Center, he has never seen claims like he’s seen since becoming director.
Godinez was responding to questions from Rep. Dwight Kay, R-Glen Carbon, during an April 18 hearing.
Godinez noted there is no reason for keys at Menard, a maximum security facility, to be turned more than at minimum or medium security facilities.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to IDOC Director Questions Worker’s Comp Claims

  1. Nutra Burn says:

    Hi, I check your blogs on a regular basis. Your
    story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work!

Comment on this Story

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s